Along with the regular payment methods it is also possible to pay in cash:
- at the official shops of some of the providers (e.g. MeinFernbus Flixbus, Berlinlinienbus), which are mostly located at the train stations or central bus stations (you receive more information at the relevant bus provider)
- In some travel agencies and internet cafés, which offer a bus ticket sale
- for the ADAC Postbus you can purchase tickets in each post office
- Or you pay directly at the bus, at MeinFernbus for example you receive a proof of payment.
Pieces of advice regarding the cash payment at the bus:
- Paying in cash at the bus means that you have to pay the more expensive normal price (instead of the budget prices online
- You will not be able to get on the bus when the long distance bus is fully booked, since tickets booked only in advance are always prioritized.